Who Owns Jaguar?
Who owns Jaguar? Want some history on the Jaguar brand and the Jaguar model you drive around Hoboken? Learn more with Jaguar Paramus, and keep this information in mind as you do your model research with the dealership!
Tata Motors is the largest manufacturing company in India and the owner of the Jaguar mark since 2008. Over the years, though, Jaguar has cycled through many mergers and owners. Some important history includes:
- Jaguar was founded as the Swallow Sidecar Company in 1922, starting off making motorcycle sidecars.
- Business extended to developing passenger cars under S.S. Cars Limited, which changed its name to Jaguar Cars in 1945.
- Jaguar began winning international motorsports competitions in the early 1950’s, solidifying their place in history as a performance-focused luxury brand with classic cars like the Jaguar E-TYPE.
- Jaguar Cars merged with the British Motor Corporation in 1966, which in turn merged with Leyland Motor Corporation in 1968 to become British Leyland.
- After spinning off from British Leyland, Jaguar was acquired by Ford in 1990, remaining under Ford ownership until 2008, when Tata Motors purchased both Jaguar and Land Rover.
- Tata Motors then created Jaguar Land Rover as a subsidiary holding company. Despite the change in ownership, Ford still develops and supplies Jaguar models with different technologies and components.
Who Makes Jaguar Cars?
Given this extensive history, who makes Jaguar cars? Jaguar headquarters is located in Whitley, Coventry, England, and production also takes place within the United Kingdom. In fact, Jaguar and Land Rover have used joint design facilities in engineering centers at Whitley and Gaydon in Warwickshire. Jaguar cars are also assembled at plants in Castle Bromwich and Solihull.
Visit Jaguar Englewood for Your Next Jaguar Model
Fort Lee drivers can learn more about Jaguar history, compare Jaguar models to the competition, and explore financing options at Jaguar Englewood! Remember – we buy used cars, so you can bring us your current model and get behind the wheel of a brand-new Jaguar!
Now that you’ve had a chance to learn a little Jaguar history, you might be interested in this company’s future! Check out the 2020 Jaguar I-PACE configurations to get a better sense of where they’re headed.
More from Jaguar Englewood
The new Jaguar XJ offers six trims, four powertrains, and a list of standard features including active ventilated and heated front seats, an 825W Meridian™ Surround Sound system, and a 10-inch Touch Pro™ interface with Navigation, Remote & Protect™, and more. Check out the XJ configurations and prices, then schedule a test drive at Jaguar Englewood…
Our Hoboken-area neighbors have so many good things to say about the 2020 Jaguar I-PACE configurations, and it shouldn’t be hard to see why. All-new for 2019, the all-electric I-PACE quickly proved itself to be more than capable. Since it offered significant advantages over the Tesla Model X, how could it have been anything other…
You’ve always dreamed about owning a Jaguar, and there’s never been a better time to see what the lineup is offering! If you want to know more about the 2020 Jaguar E-PACE interior, Jaguar Englewood has you covered. Take an in-depth look with our team, and then find out how it handles the roads near Weehawken…