Who Owns Jaguar?
Who owns Jaguar? Want some history on the Jaguar brand and the Jaguar model you drive around Hoboken? Learn more with Jaguar Paramus, and keep this information in mind as you do your model research with the dealership!
Tata Motors is the largest manufacturing company in India and the owner of the Jaguar mark since 2008. Over the years, though, Jaguar has cycled through many mergers and owners. Some important history includes:
- Jaguar was founded as the Swallow Sidecar Company in 1922, starting off making motorcycle sidecars.
- Business extended to developing passenger cars under S.S. Cars Limited, which changed its name to Jaguar Cars in 1945.
- Jaguar began winning international motorsports competitions in the early 1950’s, solidifying their place in history as a performance-focused luxury brand with classic cars like the Jaguar E-TYPE.
- Jaguar Cars merged with the British Motor Corporation in 1966, which in turn merged with Leyland Motor Corporation in 1968 to become British Leyland.
- After spinning off from British Leyland, Jaguar was acquired by Ford in 1990, remaining under Ford ownership until 2008, when Tata Motors purchased both Jaguar and Land Rover.
- Tata Motors then created Jaguar Land Rover as a subsidiary holding company. Despite the change in ownership, Ford still develops and supplies Jaguar models with different technologies and components.
Who Makes Jaguar Cars?
Given this extensive history, who makes Jaguar cars? Jaguar headquarters is located in Whitley, Coventry, England, and production also takes place within the United Kingdom. In fact, Jaguar and Land Rover have used joint design facilities in engineering centers at Whitley and Gaydon in Warwickshire. Jaguar cars are also assembled at plants in Castle Bromwich and Solihull.
Visit Jaguar Englewood for Your Next Jaguar Model
Fort Lee drivers can learn more about Jaguar history, compare Jaguar models to the competition, and explore financing options at Jaguar Englewood! Remember – we buy used cars, so you can bring us your current model and get behind the wheel of a brand-new Jaguar!
More from Jaguar Englewood
The Jaguar XE Keyless Entry technology can save you from fishing around in your pocket or purse when you need to get into your car. Learn more about Keyless Entry technology below and how you can get it on a new Jaguar XE trim level at Jaguar Englewood. Then contact your local authorized Jaguar retailer to…
The 2020 Jaguar F-PACE color options are extensive both outside and in, with nearly thirty paint colors to choose from and an array of interior choices in terms of upholstery materials, stitching, and finishes. Explore below, then browse our F-PACE inventory to find a luxury SUV that reflects your style in Hoboken. View Inventory Contact…
The 2019 Jaguar F-PACE seats up to five passengers for your Hoboken drives, and tons of features to make everyone more comfortable, from Jaguar F-PACE ventilated seats to power reclining buttons and more. Explore the Jaguar F-PACE seating at Jaguar Englewood then schedule a test drive with your local authorized Jaguar retailer to experience this luxury…