Who Owns Jaguar?
Who owns Jaguar? Want some history on the Jaguar brand and the Jaguar model you drive around Hoboken? Learn more with Jaguar Paramus, and keep this information in mind as you do your model research with the dealership!
Tata Motors is the largest manufacturing company in India and the owner of the Jaguar mark since 2008. Over the years, though, Jaguar has cycled through many mergers and owners. Some important history includes:
- Jaguar was founded as the Swallow Sidecar Company in 1922, starting off making motorcycle sidecars.
- Business extended to developing passenger cars under S.S. Cars Limited, which changed its name to Jaguar Cars in 1945.
- Jaguar Cars merged with the British Motor Corporation in 1966, which in turn merged with Leyland Motor Corporation in 1968 to become British Leyland.
- After spinning off from British Leyland, Jaguar was acquired by Ford in 1990, remaining under Ford ownership until 2008, when Tata Motors purchased both Jaguar and Land Rover.
- Tata Motors then created Jaguar Land Rover as a subsidiary holding company. Despite the change in ownership, Ford still develops and supplies Jaguar models with different technologies and components.
Who Makes Jaguar Cars?
Given this extensive history, who makes Jaguar cars? Jaguar headquarters is located in Whitley, Coventry, England, and production also takes place within the United Kingdom. In fact, Jaguar and Land Rover have used joint design facilities in engineering centers at Whitley and Gaydon in Warwickshire. Jaguar cars are also assembled at plants in Castle Bromwich and Solihull.
Visit Jaguar Englewood for Your Next Jaguar Model
Fort Lee drivers can learn more about Jaguar history, compare Jaguar models to the competition, and explore financing options at Jaguar Englewood! Remember – we buy used cars, so you can bring us your current model and get behind the wheel of a brand-new Jaguar!
More from Jaguar Englewood
If you are shopping for your next luxury sedan in Hoboken or Weehawken, it’s worth considering the stylish and advanced 2019 Jaguar XE. With a starting price of $36,995 MSRP, you won’t have to break the bank for a fantastic luxury car. Explore the Jaguar XE interior at Jaguar Englewood to learn more. Learn More View XE Inventory…
The 2019 Jaguar F-PACE seats up to five passengers for your Hoboken drives, and tons of features to make everyone more comfortable, from Jaguar F-PACE ventilated seats to power reclining buttons and more. Explore the Jaguar F-PACE seating at Jaguar Englewood then schedule a test drive to experience it in person! Learn More View Inventory Jaguar…
Who owns Jaguar? Want some history on the Jaguar brand and the Jaguar model you drive around Hoboken? Learn more with Jaguar Paramus, and keep this information in mind as you do your model research with the dealership! New Jaguar Inventory Contact Us Jaguar Background Tata Motors is the largest manufacturing company in India and…