Who Owns Jaguar?
Who owns Jaguar? Want some history on the Jaguar brand and the Jaguar model you drive around Hoboken? Learn more with Jaguar Paramus, and keep this information in mind as you do your model research with the dealership!
Tata Motors is the largest manufacturing company in India and the owner of the Jaguar mark since 2008. Over the years, though, Jaguar has cycled through many mergers and owners. Some important history includes:
- Jaguar was founded as the Swallow Sidecar Company in 1922, starting off making motorcycle sidecars.
- Business extended to developing passenger cars under S.S. Cars Limited, which changed its name to Jaguar Cars in 1945.
- Jaguar began winning international motorsports competitions in the early 1950’s, solidifying their place in history as a performance-focused luxury brand with classic cars like the Jaguar E-TYPE.
- Jaguar Cars merged with the British Motor Corporation in 1966, which in turn merged with Leyland Motor Corporation in 1968 to become British Leyland.
- After spinning off from British Leyland, Jaguar was acquired by Ford in 1990, remaining under Ford ownership until 2008, when Tata Motors purchased both Jaguar and Land Rover.
- Tata Motors then created Jaguar Land Rover as a subsidiary holding company. Despite the change in ownership, Ford still develops and supplies Jaguar models with different technologies and components.
Who Makes Jaguar Cars?
Given this extensive history, who makes Jaguar cars? Jaguar headquarters is located in Whitley, Coventry, England, and production also takes place within the United Kingdom. In fact, Jaguar and Land Rover have used joint design facilities in engineering centers at Whitley and Gaydon in Warwickshire. Jaguar cars are also assembled at plants in Castle Bromwich and Solihull.
Visit Jaguar Englewood for Your Next Jaguar Model
Fort Lee drivers can learn more about Jaguar history, compare Jaguar models to the competition, and explore financing options at Jaguar Englewood! Remember – we buy used cars, so you can bring us your current model and get behind the wheel of a brand-new Jaguar!
Now that you’ve had a chance to learn a little Jaguar history, you might be interested in this company’s future! Check out the 2020 Jaguar I-PACE configurations to get a better sense of where they’re headed.
More from Jaguar Englewood
How much is the Jaguar F-PACE? It depends on the model you choose, and there are options to suit anything from the need for V8 performance to the desire for exquisite upholstery. That’s why we’ve put together a quick overview of all Jaguar F-PACE trims. Read on for all 2020 Jaguar F-PACE price and configuration options. View…
It’s easy to fall in love with the 2019 Jaguar XJ interior. Although the current XJ is nearing the end of its run, you’ll find that the Jaguar XJ design feels at once innovative and classic. Don’t just take our word for it! Explore standard and available features below, and then contact us to find…
The 2020 Jaguar XE will be available soon in Englewood. Depending on which new Jaguar XE trim you choose, you may enjoy up to 25 mpg city and 34 mpg highway. Learn more here about this luxury sedan’s fuel economy and other performance specs that impact your fuel efficiency on your trips around Hoboken. Browse…